1.1. The Great Western Air Ambulance Charity Raffle (“the Raffle”) will be operated as a large Society Lottery under the Gambling Act 2005 as amended (“the Act”) from time to time.
1.2. The Raffle is promoted by Great Western Air Ambulance and conducted for the benefit of Great Western Air Ambulance Charity.
1.3. Great Western Air Ambulance is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 41913.
1.4. The person(s) responsible for the promotion of the Raffle are Wayne Davey and Anna Perry.
1.5. By entering the Raffle, Members agree to be bound by these rules.
1.6. The Great Western Air Ambulance Charity Raffle is administered by Sterling Management Centre Limited. Sterling Management Centre Limited is licensed and regulated in Great Britain under account number 3137.
- “Act” The Gambling Act 2005
- “Raffle” The Great Western Air Ambulance Charity Raffle
- “Draw” The process by which Winners are selected
- “Member” An individual who has entered into the Raffle
- “Winner” An individual who secures a prize as a result of the Draw
- “Rules” The rules of the Great Western Air Ambulance Charity Raffle as set out below and amended from time to time
- “Ticket” The entry into the Raffle
3. Entry into the Great Western Air Ambulance Charity Raffle
3.1. The Raffle is promoted in accordance with the Gambling Act 2005 as amended (“the Act”) throughout Great Britain. In order to comply with the Act, during the purchase of Raffle Tickets you will be required to confirm that:
- a) You are at least 18 years of age
- b) You will not buy or claim to buy Raffle Tickets on behalf of any other person
- c) You are resident in Great Britain (for the avoidance of doubt, this excludes Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and BFPO addresses)
3.2. If, upon winning any prize in the Raffle, you are not able to prove that you have met the criteria specified in Rules 2.1 (a), (b) and (c) above then you will not be entitled to receive that prize.
3.3. If a Ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 they will be disqualified from the Raffle and will forfeit any prize they may have won, and the Ticket price will be returned.
3.4. In order to comply with the Act, Raffle Tickets that have been purchased and entered into the draw for which they were intended are prohibited from being subsequently refunded.
3.5. By entering into the Raffle you agree to be bound by the Rules, and applicable provisions of the Act and any relevant regulations made there under from time to time. Great Western Air Ambulance Charity shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Raffle and / or the right to receive a prize) suffered by you if you have not complied with the Rules. The Rules may be amended by Great Western Air Ambulance Charity from time to time.
3.6. This Raffle is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly. Should gambling become a problem we recommend you contact the National Gambling helpline on 0808 8020 133 (delivered by GamCare) or visit the website on www.begambleaware.org.
3.7. The maximum value of Tickets a Member will be permitted to purchase in any one draw is £50.
3.8. Only entries from residents of mainland Great Britain (England, Scotland or Wales) are eligible to enter the raffle.
3.9. The cost of each Ticket is £1, and only Tickets for which full payment has been received by Great Western Air Ambulance Charity shall go into the Draw.
3.10. The Raffle is open to staff and volunteers of the Great Western Air Ambulance Charity raffle, except for those employees that are named on our Gambling Commission licences. The Great Western Air Ambulance Charity raffle is not open to any employees of service providers involved with the running of the Raffle.
3.11. You can only enter the Raffle by the purchase of a Ticket which will be sold in a variety of forms from time to time.
3.12. Purchase will require you to provide the following information:
- (a) Your name and address, so that we can contact you if you have won a prize.
- (b) Confirmation that you are over 18 years of age, in order to ensure compliance with the Act.
- (c) The number of Tickets in the Raffle you wish to purchase
3.13. You may also be asked to provide the following information:
- (a) Your contact telephone number.
- (b) Your date of birth
- (c) Your e-mail address
3.14. You will also be required to provide information relating to the purchase of your Tickets. Payment may be made via the following methods and the relevant information will vary depending upon the payment method.
- (a) Cheque- a completed and signed cheque
- (b) Debit Card- Information required will include card number, expiry date and CVV.
- (c) Cash
3.15. No credit card payments will be accepted in line with Gambling Commission regulations.
3.16. Great Western Air Ambulance Charity shall be entitled to take any steps necessary to verify the above information and to process your entry. Great Western Air Ambulance Charity may in its absolute discretion refuse to accept an application for an individual to purchase Tickets for the Raffle.
3.17. It is your responsibility to ensure that the personal information you provide to us is accurate.
3.18. If you know of any error in your name, address or any other details provided to Great Western Air Ambulance Charity as part of your entry you must correct this by notifying Great Western Air Ambulance Charity in writing or by e-mail. Great Western Air Ambulance Charity will make any required corrections as soon as reasonably possible. Great Western Air Ambulance Charity shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Raffle and / or the right to receive a prize) suffered by you until such correction has been made. Any correction notified to Great Western Air Ambulance Charity shall only become effective once the correction has been made.
3.19. Each Ticket is numbered and each Ticket Number is unique.
4.1. Payment for Tickets may be made by the following methods:
- (a) Cheque (to be made out to Great Western Air Ambulance Charity)
- (b) Debit Card
- (c) Cash
- (d) Any other method made available by Great Western Air Ambulance Charity from time to time
4.2. Your Tickets will not be entered into the Draw unless Great Western Air Ambulance Charity has received all amounts payable (cleared funds) relating to your Tickets by the closing date. If there is a dispute regarding whether Tickets have been paid for then such dispute shall be resolved by reference to details included in official statements from the bank with which the Raffle’s bank accounts operate.
4.3. The closing date for postal entries is 12/01/2024. The closing date for online entries is 17/01/2024. Any entries received late will be gratefully accepted as a donation to Great Western Air Ambulance Charity.
5.1. The Draw will be run at our External Lottery Managers Offices to be held on 19/01/2024.
5.2. The Draw is run using a Random Number Generator that has been certified by a Gambling Commission approved test house.
5.3. In order to comply with the Act only those Tickets for which payment has been received are eligible for entry into the Draw.
6.1. Prizes are issued as follows:
- (a) First Prize – £2,500
- (b) Other Prizes:
- One night’s stay for two people at The Pig near Bath
- Porsche driving experience for one person at Silverstone Circuit
- Silver Experience for one person with Cotswold Gliding Club
- Two tickets for Bath Racecourse
- Two weekend camping tickets for Rock n Ribs 2024
- Spice blending course for up to ten people with Clifton Chilli Club
- Roastery tour and tasting session for two people at Wogan Coffee
- Brewery tour for two people at Gloucester Brewery
- Golf simulator session for two people at Saltford Golf Club
- Four-ball round of golf for two people at Gloucester Golf Club
- Dyson vacuum cleaner
- Weber barbecue
- Limited edition Andy Council GWAAC art print
- Small gift hamper from Cologne & Cotton
- Presca cycle jersey with GWAAC design x 2
- GWAAC merchandise hamper x 3
6.2. Great Western Air Ambulance Charity reserves the right to amend any non-cash prizes to a prize of equivalent or higher value at any time should it be necessary to do so. Where possible, any such changes will be published on the Great Western Air Ambulance Charity Raffle Website as soon as reasonably possible.
6.3. Some non-cash prizes will be subject to additional terms and conditions between the Winner and the supplier of the prize. Great Western Air Ambulance Charity will accept no liability relating to the fulfilment of these prizes.
6.4. Each Ticket shall only be eligible to win one prize in the Draw.
6.5. The results of the Draw will be published on the Raffle website within one week of the date of the draw and may also be published in any other manner determined by Great Western Air Ambulance Charity from time to time.
6.6. Winners will be notified by post, email or phone within one week of the date of the draw. Such notification will include: for the Winner of the first prize, a cheque to the value of the prize won made payable to the Winner; for the Winners of all other prizes, details of their prize and any vouchers required. Winners of physical items will receive their prizes via courier or post within twenty one days of the draw.
6.7. Great Western Air Ambulance Charity reserves the right to withhold the payment or delivery of any prize until it is entirely satisfied that the Member who has won the prize has fully complied with the Rules.
6.8. If, upon winning any prize in the Raffle, a Member is not able to prove that they have met the criteria specified in Rules 2.1 (a), (b) and (c) above then they will not be entitled to receive that prize.
6.9. There are no alternatives to the prizes offered from time to time and no interest is payable.
6.10. Any unclaimed financial prizes will be re-credited as a donation to the Great Western Air Ambulance Charity main account after a period of six months has elapsed.
6.11. Great Western Air Ambulance Charity reserves the right to repurpose any unclaimed non-cash prizes for any other purpose it sees fit, after a period of six months has elapsed.
6.12. By accepting any prize, the Winner agrees that Great Western Air Ambulance Charity may contact the Winner to request them to take part in promotional activity.
7. Suspension of the Raffle
7.1. Great Western Air Ambulance Charity may (at its absolute discretion) suspend the Raffle for any period of time. During such period Great Western Air Ambulance Charity shall:
- (a) Retain any amounts which were paid prior to such suspension taking effect.
7.2. Members will be notified of further details regarding the resumption of the Raffle or otherwise as soon as reasonably practicable after the date of suspension in writing.
8.1. Great Western Air Ambulance Charity and Sterling Management Centre Limited shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered by you arising from:
- (a) Any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by Great Western Air Ambulance Charity or you from time to time.
- (b) Any delays or failures in any systems used by Great Western Air Ambulance Charity or you to transmit emails.
- (c) Any failure in any software or other systems used by Great Western Air Ambulance Charity for the administration of the Raffle.
- (d) Any delays or failures in the banking system used by Great Western Air Ambulance Charity or you.
- (e) Any refusal by Great Western Air Ambulance Charity to accept entry of an individual as an entrant or the cancellation of an entrant by Great Western Air Ambulance Charity.
- (f) Any failure to enter your Ticket into the Draw.
- (g) Any event beyond the reasonable control of Great Western Air Ambulance Charity.
8.2. Great Western Air Ambulance Charity shall not be liable to you in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any indirect or consequential loss suffered by you in relation to your participation in the Raffle (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Raffle and / or the Ticket or winning a prize).
9.1. Great Western Air Ambulance Charity is committed to operating the Raffle in a socially responsible way. Should you feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling and wish to be self-excluded from our Raffle please phone 0303 4444 999 and request a self-exclusion form.
9.2. There is a minimum period of 6 months self-exclusion.
9.3. We will not target you with any gambling marketing material during the self-exclusion period and will remove your name and details from any marketing databases used by ourselves.
9.4. If you need to talk to someone about problem gambling then please seek advice and support from GambleAware via their website at www.begambleaware.org or call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 (Freephone). GambleAware is a registered charity that provides confidential telephone support and counselling to anyone who is affected by problem gambling.
10.1. Any complaints relating to the Raffle should be sent in writing to Great Western Air Ambulance Charity, giving full details of the complaint and supporting documentation. You can also call 0303 4444 999. Great Western Air Ambulance Charity operates a Complaints Procedure which is available online using this link: www.greatwesternairambulance.com/useful-info/complaints
10.2. The Promoter’s decisions made pursuant to the Rules shall be final and binding.
10.3. Save where the Rules expressly provide otherwise, the Promoter shall not be obliged to enter into any correspondence.
12. Proper Law and Jurisdiction
12.1. The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these Rules and Great Western Air Ambulance Charity and all Members hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
13. Contact Address
All correspondence should be sent to the following address:
Great Western Air Ambulance Charity,County Gates,Ashton Road,Bristol, BS3 2JH
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: 0303 4444 999